Sunday, October 26, 2008

Soulmate

Where do I search for you?
Beloved of my heart...
When I feel not your presence by my side?

Should I sit by the oceans
and listen to the waves
that remind me of the music
in your voice?

Or should I roam the forests
where leaves fall from the branches
...like the hair that falls across your face?

Perhaps I can find you in a song
Its melody, gentle yet powerful
enough to pierce my soul

Or the promise of sweetness
in a drop of honey
Like the promise of return in your eyes

Wherever I look
I see you
And I wonder if you ever left

How can I look for light
When light is what I look by?

How can I live away from you
When you are what I live by.

 © Sai Ganesh Nagpal

3 comments:

**Arjun** said...

oh boy you're lovesick!!

Maanya said...

Hi

I think you don't need to search anywhere. You are already feeling the all-pervasiveness.

Neha Sahi Saigal said...

This is some awesome writing