Sunday, October 11, 2009

Away...

Sitting on the rocks
My feet immersed in the stream
The water gushes. She flows.
She prances. She roars.

I feel a little stone get swept away
from under my feet.
Away
From all the other little stones.
Gone with the stream now
To touch the ocean some day.

An orange butterfly dances past me
Like a brushstroke
made in the air
She whispers to the white flower
Then to the yellow.
Not stopping. Never looking back.

Purposeful.
Joyful.

Like the water in the stream
And the stone that broke away.

© Sai Ganesh Nagpal

5 comments:

Saraswati said...

Ooooooooooooooh!
Love it :)
So Pretty!

Kshitij said...

That was nice, young man. I am wondering how I haven't been here. I will keep coming from now on.

Neha Sahi Saigal said...

This is sooo beautiful

Swapna Maini said...

Beautiful!!!
Little joyful stone... happy to go with the flow... knowing that someday it will reach its destination... :)

IRIS said...

Sai, it's such joy to visit your blog.