Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Communion

In those moments of silence
you seemed infinite.
Every moment
was like eternity
And there was love,
only love...

Your love.

I saw it in everything,
In everyone.
No one seemed apart from it
Some were just unaware of it.

Creation was bathed
in the sounds and sights
of your glory.

I opened my eyes and saw a sparrow
chirping at my window.

I felt your love for the sparrow,
As I did for the spider weaving its web
in a corner of the room.

I felt your love for the wind,
as it blew across the house.
For the sunlight
streaming through the windows.

Nothing and no one seemed
out of your love's reach.

I felt your love.

Why
must I ever cross a river
Or fly over the ocean
to reach your doorstep?

When the footprints of your grace
are instead leading me
towards me.

© Sai Ganesh Nagpal

4 comments:

Rajani's Place said...

Nice--quite profound and true...

Swapna Maini said...

Beautiful!!

Mousumi Ghosh said...

Hey I've been reading ur posts, but have never posted any comments.

In those moments of silence
you seemed infinite.
Every moment
was like eternity
And there was love,
only love...

Your love...........Simply loved these lines.

Keep blogging :-)

Katherine Jenkins said...

Dear Sai,
I love your blog. Would you like to be an author on a collaborative blog called Writers Rising? We would love to have you. If so, you can send me an e-mail. It's on my profile on blogger.
Peace to you, Kathy