Sunday, January 17, 2010

I am the wind...

Today I'll go where the wind blows
I want to be a breeze.
Let me flow
Let me glide
Let me spread my wings
and fly.

I can be the gentle wind
on a sunny spring morning
Or charge ahead
as a mighty strong gale.
Today fierce
tomorrow calm.
One or the other
or both at once.

Today the weatherman
called me nasty.
Someone walking down the road
said I was too strong.
But I knew
that today
was for a gale.
Tomorrow, I'll be a breeze again.

I slowed down a tad
to help
a little bird fly.
Spread my wings
and let her hold on tight.

When she was safely home
I did the waltz
and then the salsa
with a polybag
I met
just down the street.

I whistled by a window,
happy tunes,
but inside the house
they didn't hear.
The windows were shut
real tight.
They were warned
of a storm that night.

© Sai Ganesh Nagpal

2 comments:

Priyankari said...

Loved the dreamy-theme of the poem...was carried along with the flow...

Swapna Maini said...

Oh my GOD! I just rediscovered this absolutely beautiful poem and realised I hadn't left a note on how much I loved it! Thank you for sharing these truly precious pearls with so many people!