Monday, January 18, 2010

In Search

Wandering in the crowd,
I see people. Lots of them.
Everywhere.
Each one
is going somewhere,
walking purposefully down
a path.
Or so it seems.

There are people
all around.
Yet I feel all alone
As though out at sea
with no shore in sight.

Can my destination really be that far?
Or could it be that
I have set sail
In the wrong direction?

How long will it be before I know?
How long until
I adjust my sails?
So that when
I'm wandering in the crowd
I can look towards
the horizon
And know
that my promised land
is not far.

 © Sai Ganesh Nagpal

3 comments:

Swapna Maini said...

Sometimes it's quite nice you know... walking down a path and not being overly conscious of what the path is like or where it leads... but just slowing down to look around at the trees, the butterflies and brids, the flowers... taking in their beauty and feeling good about being surrounded with such beautiful and vibrant life! In those few moments, thoughts about destinations/goals seem so irrelevant! :)

Katherine Jenkins said...

Beautiful blog and poem. I also enjoyed your letter to the little girl. I am following you here on Google. Hope you will follow along with me to. Much peace...much metta to you!

Priyankari said...

Nice poem..."Each one is going somewhere, walking purposefully down a path. Or so it seems." That's the absurdity of this world...where there's no end to this walking...every horizon we reach shows us a new horizon to be reached...but in the end renders everything quite meaningless...(just a personal opinion) :)