Thursday, February 4, 2010

This Time












This time I will not
sit back and wait
for the leaves to turn yellow
and another winter to dawn
so I can relegate
my dream to a new spring.

Nor cast away the swirls of
myriad feelings
that wash over my soul
and speak to me
in ways they never have
before.

This time I will not
shy away
in fear and allow
walls
to be built
around me
to protect me from
the storm that has not
and may never come.

And should the storm come
this time
I will not choose to
be fearful
and run for cover to the closest
shelter
but look the storm in the face
and continue moving forward
until the winds relent
and the rivers part
to show me my path.

This time I will not rest
until I have tasted
the freedom
of lasting happiness.

 © Sai Ganesh Nagpal

4 comments:

uma said...

You are a great poet

IRIS said...

Such a lovely poem, Sai:-)
You are inspiring to others.

JACQUI said...

Powerful! I like this a lot! This is such an empowering poem.

I heard Will Smith make a speech about a similar thing. He said, "You just decide. You just decide how it's going to be...and the Universe, it's like water, it's going to move out of your way".

(I've got a video of it on my blog if you want to see it: http://www.upliftantidote.co.uk/wordpress/2009/12/be-inspired-by-will-smith/)

Saraswati said...

Wow. I love that comment of Will Smith that Jacqui's posted. Thank you!

The poem is powerful and affirmative. May it take you where you want to go.