Sunday, April 11, 2010

Yearning for Divinity

I have laid out a carpet
of petals
for your tender feet to walk upon.
Each petal hand picked
from a valley of flowers
that bloom within my soul,
bathed in the
sunshine
of your divine grace.

Garlands of jasmine and marigold
adorn the majestic pillars
that line your path.
Each knot that I have tied
to join one garland
to another
reminds me of the eternal
bond between You and me,
and makes me
pine for a glimpse
of your radiant being. 

Fragrance
from sandalwood incense 
wafts across the air.
Like the scent of Vibhuti
that surrounded you
that day you placed your hands
upon my head,
in eternal
blessing.

As you walk on the petals,
should some be wet,
Know that those drops
are but tears of
joy
that flowed from my soul
as I laid the path.

The path is ready,
my Lord.
I am sitting by the petals
eagerly waiting
for you.






 © Sai Ganesh Nagpal

4 comments:

Saraswati said...

Oooooooooohhhh! I absolutely love it! It's so pretty and delicate and...perfect!! :)

Swapna Maini said...

Devine!!!!

Sai said...

Saraswati, Swapna... thank you for your comments! :-)

sulo badri said...

"As you walk on the petals,
should some be wet,
Know that those drops
are but tears of
joy
that flowed from my soul
as I laid the path"

that was lovely... a heartfelt dedication :) jai sai maa!